Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

All ready for a great new year! Martinelli's, wish lanterns, Chinese purses and red wallet to serve as red envelopes for money (a tradition I picked up while living in Asia), poppers, New Year hats, nose makers and a time capsule we made New Years 2012.

Lucy was trying to help Vivian blow her nosemaker . . .

But she just couldn't figure it out and she was so sad!

These two had it down though.

Opening their purses/wallets. Lucy was excited to learn she got FIVE dollars!

Vivian got one dollar and I don't think she had a clue what that meant, but she did like her purse.

Opening the time capsule from New Years 2012

The contents of the capsule. We also had a memory card with videos saved on it we had done interviewing everyone in the family. Vivian's video was my favorite-she was just 7 months old! So darling!

Reading everyone's responses to our questions.

Happy 2013!

The silly shot. I love that Lucy is copying me.

Happy Family! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE the time capsule idea! You always have such great celebrations.

Mary Susan said...

I love your traditions! I'm going to steal some of these next year.