Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wish Lanterns

We released some wish lanterns on New Year's Eve. I pictured it being so magical and the kids loving it so much. What occurred was a REALLY cold night where two of our three children stayed in the car while the rest of us tried to be brave and enjoy the moment . . .

Our friend, Danielle, joined us with her daughter. You hold on to the lanterns while they fill with hot air and then you can release them into the air. It's a pretty cool thing.

These girls loved the glow-in-the-dark necklaces more than I think they did the lanterns.

There they are being released!

We made wishes with each one.

I found myself mezmermized as I watched them float through the air getting smaller and smaller.  I found myself trying hard to pick the perfect wish for my lantern. I guess in the end, there really was some magic.  Happy 2013

No comments: