Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New York City with Hailey

Marc is so good to me. He arranged for me to go to New York City to see some dear friends I grew up with in Portland. I was able to sneak in some precious time with Hailey as well since she is currently attending F.I.T. in the heart of the city. Above we are FREEZING (but very happy) in Times Square. 

We saw Newsies together. I had to capture a picture of this fashion lady. I love her style. She truly is a beautiful woman inside and out.

Waiting for the show, spending quality time catching up. Hailey really enjoyed the drawing from Lucy of the two of them together wearing headphones and listening to "pretty princess music."

After the show, we met some of the actors. Hailey got them to sign her soundtrack. She was good to humor me with a picture.

In the heart of NYC. We just giggled and chatted with one another. I really love this girl.



The next morning we met for breakfast with her darling roommate, Rachel. They suggested Brooklyn Bagels and it was amazing! I had no idea bagels could be so scrumptious. I loved sitting with these ladies, hearing about their school and about Rachel's dream of having a race incorporated into her wedding day. They were also so appreciative of the fact that I bought them breakfast. Such college girls! I loved it!

I took Hailey shopping to help re-stock her kitchen. She asked about how to make chicken soup, if she could freeze spinach, how to make peach oatmeal and I loved sharing with her my tricks.

Her we are in front of Hailey's school. She also took me to a great place to get cheap fabric from. She helped me pick out fabric for Vivian & Lucy's Easter dresses.

Here we are hauling Hailey's groceries back to her dorm. I was trying to get the full New Yorker experience.

Hailey showed me her dorm. It's a pretty sweet set up. I showed her how to make burritos and freeze them. I made her several and filled her freezer with them.  I treasured the opportunity to care for her.

I told her she had to take me to Mood because her Dad and I LOVE to watch Project Runway. It was so cool to have her there to tell me all about the different fabrics. She is so talented.

We had a lovely lunch at Kittchai. The Thai food was incredible. It was wonderful to have some quiet time to talk. The conversation was so good. We were able to talk about much needed things regarding our family and I was able to try to share with her how grateful I am to know her. The spirit was so strong. Then Hailey had to catch a bus because she was leaving town for the weekend. We hugged as we parted with such a strong feeling of joy between us. I am so thankful for her.

No comments: