Monday, April 7, 2008

Boston, Some Wicked Awesome Fun!

Hi guys, we're back from Boston! Did you miss us? This is us our first night at a fancy reception. My parents were all excited to meet this guy they call, "The Fonze". As you can see, I was not near as impressed. I wanted to look out the window at Fenway Park again.
This, however, was very cool. I went swimming for the first time in a great big over-sized tubby!
Mommy was there to go to a conference for people that teach special education while Daddy watched me, but that didn't keep me from getting my meal breaks with her.
Here we are in the heart of Boston ready to begin The Freedom Trail (it was a VERY abbreviated version since all I really wanted was to take a nap).
Mommy said this was one of the best sites she saw in all of Boston.
Oh, my Heidi (or parent #3) was there too-she sure is growing on me!
Then our good friend, Daryl, who lives in Boston took us all around to see the sites. He was so fun and I loved to hear him play the piano. Mom & Dad loved the sandwich shop, Darwin's, he took us to by Harvard.
This is the Boston LDS Temple. It was the 100th temple to be dedicated.
This was Mommy's favorite-Walden Pond! I stayed in the car while Daryl drove me all around to keep me asleep. Mom and Dad were very grateful for Daryl-he was also very good to sing me my favorite song, The ABC's, as we drove.
This is me trying to blend in with the Eastern Culture. Everybody loved me over there and constantly came up to see me. I was a good ambassador of The West and gave lots of cute smiles.
Hanging out in the city with my Dad. He took me on the subway and all over. Mom said we have Dad's so we can do exciting things like that.
On Newberry street in the "Brownstone" area (even though it's all red brick). We had some YUMMY good food! The best was our cannoli from Mike's and Modern.
Ready to go home. Mommy and Daddy said I was a good little traveler and I was quick to let them know if I didn't want to do something. I think they were quick learners.
All-in-all a wicked good time!

9 comments:

ls said...

I love her little pink knit beanie.

JMadd said...

The best part of your trip had to be meeting "The Fonze!" I can't decide if I'm more jealous about that or the cannoli.

girlsmama said...

Looks like it was tons of fun!! Glad you had a good time and made it home safe!

Heidi said...

It was fun to be a part of Lucy's first out of state adventure. I'm sure there will be many more to come!

Jayna said...

looks like a blast...so glad you are all home and can't wait to hear more about it. We will see you soon!

Danica Osborn said...

looks like fun! how'd/where'd you meet the fonze? how'd she do on the flights? welcome back!

Unknown said...

I always wonder how you and your little girl are. I'm excited to see you in blog world! She's so much fun! Being a mom is great! I find myself missing the kids at Timberline sometime, but then Brigham does something funny and I'm ok! Being a mom is best, you would love my little red head.

I can't believe how fast the last 5 months have flown by! How are you guys doing? What is going on in your life? How did your family grow so fast?

Well, if you ever have a free afternoon or want to go to lunch or something let me know, it would be fun to see you and little Lucy!

mindy said...

what a fun trip! Great pictures! I'm jealous of seeing Walden Pond. How transcendental! :o) Glad you had a nice time and made it home safely.

Maryblog said...

I am so jealous. Robb and I are going home this summer! Yay, isn't Boston amazing! I love the pictures!