Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And A Child Shall Lead Them

I knew I would want my children to have one of these little nativities before I was even married. I liked the idea that it could be a nativity scene they could interact with and not one that I was always saying, "don't touch" to. It makes me so happy that this is one of Lucy's favorite toys right now.
A very sweet story about this nativity is that when I first set it up, I of course displayed it how most nativities are displayed with everything facing outward for everyone to see. My friend's 3 year-old daughter was over one day and as they were getting ready to leave her Mom asked her to clean up the toys she was playing with. After they left, I noticed the perfect way she had assembled the nativity scene. Instead of everything facing out, she had positioned everyone (even the little sheep) facing baby Jesus. I thought what a beautiful way to represent what Christmas really should be, everyone looking towards their Savior.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'll have to get a baby friendly one next year!

Christine said...

That is too precious! Children really know how we should see the world, huh? And I think it is a fabulous idea to have a child friendly nativity. I am totally getting one.

mindy said...

I've wanted one of those forever!! Of course I only think of it around Christmas and then don't feel like I can shell out the $$.

Danica Osborn said...

where did you get this one!?!? i NEED one. what a great idea. i've got the willow tree one, which are pretty sturdy, so i had claire help me set it up originally, and then i had to tell her, "now you can never touch this again, this is not a toy". so it seemed a little silly. so you see, i really do NEED a pay nativity! where can i get one?