Friday, December 12, 2008

Staycation 2008

Mom and Dad decided a great way to spend the season would be by taking some time to be together doing the things we love and doing some things we have been wanting to do close to home. They told me it is called a "staycation".

It started out by me getting to play with my Grandma Kay while my Mommy and Daddy went to the temple. I think I got the better end of that deal ;). Then we went to see The Bodies Exhibit. It was very interesting. I liked to make all kinds of noises when everyone else was being so quiet.
Then I was done being in the quiet place, but my Daddy wanted to get a picture of him by the sign that said he had been a special guest lecture at the exhibit. Someday I will appreciate how smart he is!
Then I got happy again because we ate some yummy good food at the Soup Kitchen and then we went to see all the pretty lights at Temple Square. (above is my sad face-below is my happy face)
Mommy and Daddy were happy there too.
I really got happy when I figured out how to drink my milk with my mittens on.

We all really liked seeing this beautiful statue of Jesus. I kept looking up at it instead of at the camera, but the sweet sister missionary was very patient and took lots of shots. Mommy thought it was so cute that I wanted at look at Jesus.
Here I am looking up at Him again. I really liked being there.
Our next stop was the lovely neighborhood house that always goes all out for Christmas. Mommy counted 26 blow-ups on their lawn!!! (Robyn this picture is for you)
The next day we went to try out the new Cannon Center-it is way different than when Mommy and Daddy went to school and I loved the noodles.
We ended the day at Daddy's BYU Ward's Christmas party. I loved hearing everyone sing and I clapped along to all the songs (even the ones no one else clapped to). They also did an auction to buy kids Christmas presents and Daddy's item of 4-wheeling, shooting and dinner at our house was a BIG hit!
What better gift could we have had this time of year than to have had this time to be with one another. I love my family!

5 comments:

JMadd said...

The Christmas house had Thanksgiving and Halloween blowups a few weeks ago. Maybe it's going to be decorated all year long!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Staycations! We had one too! THE BEST!

Aimee said...

Looks like some great memories in the making!

Ani said...

Staycations are such a good idea! I love it! I am obsessed with the last picture of Lucy! Her chin is so cute!

Chit Chatt said...

Yay! The white trash Christmas house! I can't believe they're up to 26! I'm so sad I can't be there! I also wanted to go see the bodies exhibit! I bet it was amazing!