Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happily Ever After . . .

I read this story and I was so touched. I was reminded of the beautiful words Marc’s Grandpa shared with us right before we were sealed. He shared that we have not come to the point of kneeling over an altar (think of the symbolism of sacrifice there) because we have found our happily ever after, but rather because we have found the one we can sacrifice with. He shared that being willing to sacrifice for someone else is really what love is. Finding the one we will willingly push through the hard times as we know they will do the same for us.

What an incredible blessing it is for me that I never found my happily ever after, but rather the one who does, has and will continue to sacrifice for and with me. It is a far better love than I ever knew existed.

I hope you enjoy the article:
http://mormontimes.com/mormon_voices/orson_scott_card/?id=3224

3 comments:

Danica Osborn said...

great article! i went and forwarded it to some family members and the hubby. thanks for posting the link.

Christine said...

Wonderful sentiment! Grandpa sounds like a wise man.

Becky J. said...

That was an awesome article! Thanks for sharing it! I totally agree.