Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas Eve morning started with some of Mommy's good friends from high school coming over to visit (go Beavs!), Spencer Vierra, and Jeff Call with his wife Natalie. Scott, Barry and Lindsay were all missed (as well as every one else who wasn't in Utah for the holidays).
Mommy's family always draws names to give one person an extra gift to open on Christmas Eve. Daddy had me and he got me this duck and I loved it!
Then we headed over to Grandma Kay's for yummy homemade pizza, family skits, stockings and presents! For our family skit, Mommy and Daddy told the story of Baby Jesus being born with some puppets.
I helped by making sure everybody clapped for them . . .
Then I was a very tired girl who was ready to go dream about sugar plums until Santa came . . .
Christmas morning started off by founding out I would be getting a little brother. Mommy got to hang up the blue ornament on our tree (does anybody need a pink ornamnet?)
I got these great "ruff-ruffs" in my stocking. Santa sure knew what I would like!
I love riding on my elephant (thanks cousin Claire for giving it to me when you were all done playing with it).
This is me with all my goods. It was such a fun morning!
Then we headed over to my Grandma Sampson's for Christmas breakfast of bonabuche of course. Below is their reaction when they opened their blue ornament to find out about my baby brother. They were pretty excited!
The day ended at my Grandma Kay's again for yummy dinner and playing with my Aunt Jayna and Uncle Ryan. We came home early so we could get ready to go to New York City the next day to see my sisters (that was lots of fun and I will tell you all about it very soon). What a wonderful day.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Katie, did you order those cloth dolls online or did you make them or get them from somewhere else? I've been wanting to try and make some--I have the pattern, I think.

Cute cute!

Anna said...

Congrats on the boy!! Do you have names picked out yet. I also LOVE you hair!!! Have a blessed and wonderful new year.