Thursday, January 1, 2009

If I Can Make It There . . .

Here we are all together in New York City as a family. I loved being with my sisters, Hailey and Melia. Every morning when I woke up I made Mommy take me right out to see them. When I had to go down for naps, I would reach out for them and it made me so sad to be away from them. I really like them.
They played with me so much. Melia taught me some new songs and Hailey gave me lots of fashion advice.
We had a fun time doing Christmas with them. This is us playing the ribbon game. Then we had stockings and opened presents.
This is Hailey being very creative getting ready in a 500 square foot NYC apartment with 6 people staying there.
The subway line we needed to use to get to church wasn't in service so we ended up missing church. We decided to go see the temple instead. It is so magnificent in the middle of the city.
Here we are all together. It was so fun that my Grandma Kay got to come too.
What would New York be without a walk through Central Park? We also made sure to eat a hot dog, see the tree at Rockefeller Center, ride in some taxis and . . .
Here we are enjoying some yummy breakfast at a delicious New York Cafe. Melia and I are adoring our Dad in this picture. She is my buddy.
Hailey got to check out the Fashion Institute of Technology where she hopes to got to school one day. She is very stylish and smart.
Dad surprised Hailey and Melia with tickets to see The Rockettes. Everyone loved the show. Mom and I got to stay back and try the adventures of grocery shopping in NYC.
Then we had to say goodbye to my sisters. It was so great to be with them. They are so nice to me. Mommy says I should look to them as examples in my life. While Daddy took them home, Grandma, Mom and I took The Staten Island Ferry to see The Statue of Liberty and The Brooklyn Bridge.
Then we stopped in Times Square and lots and lots of other people decided to go there too. Mommy liked seeing the 2009 sign where the ball would drop.
Then we headed home on the worst flight ever. It was supposed to be direct to SLC and we should have gotten home by 1:30pm. Well, after sitting in holding patterns, 3 throw-ups by me, landing in Wisconsin to re-fuel (buying a new outfit to replace my puked on clothes), a 3 1/2 layover in Minneapolis, a 1 hour wait after boarding the plane, we were finally home in SLC at 1am!!! I did get a lovely outfit from the experience however.
It was a wonderful adventure. I can't wait to see my sisters again very soon. I love my family.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! That looks like some adventure!

Christine said...

What a trip! Sorry about the flight home though - sounds awful! I must make it to NYC someday.

mindy said...

glad the trip was nice, though the journey home sounds like a nightmare!

What's the ribbon game? Looks like fun.

benandkiki said...

Wow, what a crazy, fun vacation. I'm sorry about the morning sickness on the plane, never a fun experience.

Rebecca R. Farnsworth said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. It's nice that Marc was able to see his girls over the break. Where do you stay when you are in NYC? It looks/sounds like an occupied apartment, with a Christmas Tree and all. Were you staying with family? Or does Marc maintain an apt. out there for visits with the girls? Whatever the situation, it is definitely better than being stuck in a hotel room! :)