Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pregnancy Dos

Conversation with Doctor yesterday regarding pregnancy #2:

Me: "I've had these electric shock feelings in my tummy sometimes when I get up from bed."
Dr.: "Yes, very normal. After your first pregnancy you have really stretched a lot of things out that will never go back to their original shape so your ligaments can really be stretched causing that sensation. You'll find it will only be more severe as your pregnancy continues, especially in the last month. And it tends to get more intense with each pregnancy thereafter."

To think I was foolish enough to believe I had the whole pregnancy thing figured out after I had been through it once. Silly, silly me.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Yea, some things are different with the second one. Everything seems to happen sooner (having a baby belly, heartburn, dropping, etc.) Sigh. Yes, our bodies will never be the same again.

Sandy said...

One lovely thing about facebook is that random people from your past can find your blog:) Hope you don't mind me peeking! I'll send you our blog address as well.

Anyway, I just finished my fourth pregnancy and they've all been enough different to send me to the books and internet every. single. time. Go figure:)

girlsmama said...

For me number 4 was the whammy! Isn't that how life goes, just when you think it's all figured out...

The Dean Family said...

Yep! It is true. & just wait for the after pains (after you deliver) nobody tells you, but the more kids you have the worse they are! Don't know what they are? oh you will!:0

Chit Chatt said...

That was the one thing my doctor always told me. He basically just said to forget everything you know about being pregnant because the next pregnancy will be completely different. I'm so glad you're pregnant!

JMadd said...

I can't read these pregnancy posts anymore. I've been hyperventillating since I read this because I don't think I could handle electric shocks or heartburn. I'm a wimp. It's a good thing that when you see your little one that you forget about all of the horrible stuff you had to endure for nine months.

benandkiki said...

I've had some differences in this pregnancy as well. My doctor told me that with each progressive pregnancy theses fun things that come with it get worse and start showing earlier. You're halfway there though, yea!