Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update on Peanut (and Mom)


Here is a profile shot of our little guy. We just love him so much. Things are looking very good. I have not had any more bleeding since Friday and I have been moved from "total bed rest" on my back only being allowed to get up to use the restroom to "taking it easy bed rest" where I can sit-up and do things like take a shower. I have been told I should be sitting when at all possible and I should not lift Lucy for about 2 weeks. We have been blessed with very supportive family and friends who have been so willing to help.

The condition was a premature separation of the placenta. We have done a lot of reading about it and have discovered that mine appears to have been "slight" and the prognosis looks good for me and baby. It is rare to have bleeding again after successful healing from bed rest.

We appreciate your prayers and would be grateful for continued prayers on our behalf.

6 comments:

mindy said...

Oh that is great news! I'll continue to keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Do keep us posted.

Heidi said...

Great news for baby boy Steed!

girlsmama said...

I'm so glad to hear that it's looking well. If you run out of babysitters, give us a call. Lucy will fit right in.

Christine said...

Glad to hear that things are going well. I'll keep you and the baby in my prayers.

Cheryl said...

Glad to hear the good news. I bet it's hard though not being able to hold Lucy. I would hate that.
Hope you're off the bed rest soon!

benandkiki said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better. How scary! I hope you get off bed rest soon.