Friday, June 4, 2010

First Haircut

I kept thinking I wasn't "allowed" to cut David's hair until he turned a year. I wasn't sure why I felt this way until I mentioned to my Mom and Sister a few months ago that I thought I would trim David's hair. They both informed me that you do NOT cut a baby's hair until their 1st birthday. I then knew where my idea came from.

I waited to cut his hair just in time for his 1st birthday. I kept him busy in his highchair with some Cheerios and snipped away.

BEFORE

AFTER (so handsome)
5/29/10

3 comments:

Christine said...

Awwww. Cute! BTW, I cut my kids hair before 1 year but just to even up the the back part (mullet) that my kids seem to have. :)

mindy said...

If I'd have waited until Leif's first birthday to cut his hair, you wouldn't have been able to see his face after about age 6 months! This kid has so much more hair than either of my other two. I just gave him another haircut last week, and it was by far the best I've given him thus far.

I can't really tell that David lost any length, but he does look so nicely groomed. And happy!

JMadd said...

So handsome! I've heard the "don't cut the hair until the 1st birthday rule" before, but didn't understand it. Tyler had all of this curly hair and he started looking like David Hasselhoff by the time he was 8 months. It's a good thing that David's hair was pretty tame until his first cut. It just looks so gentlemanly on him.