Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Daddy's Surgery

Daddy had surgery yesterday to fix his ruptured biceps tendon. He went in at 3:30pm and was back home with me by 9:30pm. They call it "Same Day" surgery which is confusing to me because I thought all surgeries are done in the same day. Mommy says this just means he didn't have to stay the night at the hospital.

Mommy got to go and be with Daddy the whole time thanks to both my Grandmas, my Aunt Heidi, and my Aunt Jayna & Uncle Ryan being willing to watch me for different time chunks. THANKS GUYS! I sure am loved.

This is Daddy's "Popeye" arm as the surgeon called it-the tendon should be pulling his bicep down, but it's not! Daddy didn't have to flex for this picture.

This is how they make sure they operate on the correct arm once they got Daddy back into the operating room. Daddy wrote "Yes" and the doctor wrote his name in Chinese-does this make anyone else nervous?

This is Daddy trying to smile at Mommy when the surgery was all done and Mommy got to be with him again. Mommy said he had to wake up from a lot of medicine.

The best part of all was that Mommy and Daddy scored some (hard to find in stores) Kozy Shack VANILLA pudding. Mmmmmmmm

And now Daddy needs to do a lot of this so he can get all better. The Doctor said he will have no mobility for the first 2 weeks, some mobility with a cool "spring loaded" sling for the next 4 weeks and then he will not have to have any moveent restrictions after 6 weeks from now. He will be limited on what he can lift (up to 25 pounds in the first 3 months and no more than 50 until 6 months after his surgery) good thing I only weigh a little over 9 pounds.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad that Marc is getting better. Thank goodness for Percocet!

girlsmama said...

Don't we live in an amazing medical era? I'm glad things went well! Take good care of your Daddy Lucy!

Christine said...

That must be why Lucy is so little. The Lord sure knows what he's doing. Imagine not being able to hold your baby due to medical restriction. Ugh!

mindy said...

I'm glad everything went smoothly. I'm sending over speedy recovery vibes. Poor guy! (And poor you, Katie, having to do all the heavy lifting for the next 6 months!)