Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy One and a Half Years!!!


Mommy and Daddy have been married for one and a half years (I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that they actually had a life before me). As part of the celebration, Mommy told me about 18 wonderful memories (that's one for each month) she has had with Daddy. Here they are in order of appearance as she would recall them to Daddy (she says she'll save the real mushy stuff for when he gets home):

1) Meeting you at Meadow with Memphis the Pug because you wanted to get your blood pressure taken (wink-wink).
2) My business card-how did I get to be so bold?
3) Our first date at Ottavios and getting lost in the conversation we didn’t even notice they had closed.
4) David’s Porsche in Vegas
5) Being lost in our own world at the Oregon Coast
6) New York City with Hailey & Melia-Hard Rock Café, China Town, Koronet's Pizza, The MOMA . . .
7) NYC just the two of us-jogging through Central Park, catching a show, Time Square, the pink hat . . .
8) Our trips to Idaho Falls: the yummy “hot chocolate”, meeting for breakfast and cross country skiing at a random golf course.
9) You proposing to me at Ottavios with yellow roses and white daisies. “We’ve come full circle”
10) Being sealed for time and all eternity in the Provo Temple
11) Our honeymoon and anniversary trip to The Homestead
12) Cruising the Southern Caribbean with four other really cool people
13) Our countless hikes-especially those to Stewart Falls
14) Finding out we were pregnant and calling our family at 5am to share the news
15) Walking to Allen’s in the snow to buy some noodles
16) Serving our Humanitarian Mission to Albania together.
17) Buying our first home together
18) The birth of our beautiful daughter.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

That is such a great picture of you guys!

mindy said...

Happy Anniversary!! So, Katie, did you get a perm? I'm totally jealous of your cute curls. I want some.

mindy said...

testing...

Katie said...

I did get a perm and I love it!