Thursday, February 7, 2008

Three Months


Dear Lucy-

I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. For some reason, three months seems like quite a milestone in my mind-maybe because you're a quarter of a year old now? I don't know...maybe because if you round up, you're a year old. ;)

Here are ten things I've learned and observed this past month:

10) You always win when we have a staring contest.
9) You have discovered your hands and can fit most of your fist into your mouth.
8) When I call your name, you will stop doing what you're doing and look around for me.
7) Your hair stands straight up when in a ponytail. Your hair stands straight up when it's not.
6) You love to watch yourself in mirrors.
5) Sometimes you will stop nursing and stare at Mom with a look on your face that can only be described as pure gratitude.
4) You like to talk when I talk. This is tricky for everyone because I will stop to listen to you, but then you stop and Mom doesn't get to hear the rest of the story.
3) I love to watch you because I never know when you will do something new.
2) I love the sound of your voice.
1) Frequently I wake up in the middle of the night so I can listen to you coo in your sleep.

Love,
Dad