Monday, July 7, 2008

The Goose is 8 Months Old!

Happy 8 months Little Goose!
Lucy, each day with you just gets better and better! Today at swim class as I was taking you around the pool you were looking all around and then you stopped to look at me. As your eyes focussed in on me you smiled so big and giggled the cutest little giggles I have ever heard. I couldn't help but to grab you and squeeze you so tight and tell you how much I love you.

Each night as we lay you down to go to bed, Daddy and me tell you how much we love you. I always have to steal a few more squeezes from you before I lay you down for the night. Then I take a moment to stroke your hair and tell you again that I love you. Daddy rubs my back to reassure me that you will be ok to sleep for the night. Then I have to tell you I love you one more time and let you go to sleep.

My love for your Daddy has grown so much in these past 8 months as well. He is a wonderful man that would do anything for his family. He is so good to watch you while I go to do things for myself. He loves to play with you and works hard to make sure you are learning all that you can. He is sad when he comes home and you are asleep. He will often ask if he can wake you up so he can play with you. How blessed you are to have him for your Daddy!

Lucy, you make life so much fun! Thank you for being my daughter.

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

The Reynolds Family said...

Katie--Little Lucy is sooo adorable!! She is a lucky little girl to have such a wonderful mom and dad! I know what mean about the stealing "squeezes and I love yous" before bed. It is hard not to check just one more time before going to sleep.

Sary said...

holy cow your lucy is SOOO dang cute!!! and YES, i would love any advice you can give about going to sleep and sleeping through the night. we're slowly getting there..sorta!

benandkiki said...

How cute! What a great family you have.