Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Day

We spent Pioneer Day at a family Cabin in Ophir (the first one to leave a comment that has actually been to Ophir, Mommy will give them a prize).
My Aunt Kristi was there with her 2 boys, Austin and Braden. Tyler, our cousin, came too. It was fun watching the boys, but they were a little smelly-Mommy said that is how boys can be.
As we sat around the fire, Daddy told a ghost story about a pink ghost and I was his prop:
Austin helped my Daddy keep the fire going (Aunt Kristi tried to make the fire with green branches so we had to help her out).
The next morning we did some more of that bumpy road driving that makes my parents laugh so much. And Daddy was very excited to go across the river.It was fun to wake up and smell the fresh air-I told my Daddy I was glad he brought me here.
Mommy took a picture of me in this thing she called a phone booth. She said it just might be the last I will ever see with cell phones these days. I hope Superman can deal with the change.
*Ok, since having gone to Ophir seems to be a bit of a stretch, Mommy will also give a prize to the first person to leave a comment stating the correct way to say Ophir along with it's precise location (must have both to win)*

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like a fun time. Sorry never been to Ophir, but I'd like to go sometime!

Kathryn said...

What the heck is Ophir?

ls said...

i wish i had been to ophir. i really want a prize today.

JMadd said...

I don't even know how to say Ophir. Lucy does the surprised/interested look really well.

JMadd said...

I don't even know how to say Ophir. Lucy does the surprised/interested look really well.

Christine said...

No idea about Ophir but your little girl is so stinkin' cute! I love the one of her on the lawn chair by daddy.