Monday, July 7, 2008

It's Independence Day!

This was my first ever 4th of July and boy was it fun!
We loved to watch the hot air balloons from own backyard. My favorite was the one shaped like a pig!
Then our ward had a flag ceremony and breakfast. I love to see my Mom and Dad's primary kids at these events.
And what would the 4th be without the parade?!? Daddy woke up at 5am to save our friends and family some fabulous seats in the shade. Kathryn, Melissa and Heidi all took turns playing with me.
I really liked the groups that played music, but I did not like the ones who would honk their loud horns-they scared me and then I cried.
Then we went to Grandma Sampson's house where my cousins, Raelynn, Sydney, Jaemynn and Kylie were visiting.
Raelynn and Sydney were so good with me-they gave Mommy some good breaks.
We ended the day with a home town rodeo! Our favorite part was the wild cow milking. We left early so I could get to bed and not be too fussy. Then Mommy and Daddy sat out on my Uncle Kevin's lawn and watched the fireworks-so romantic.

1 comment:

girlsmama said...

Looks like you had a great 4th Lucy! Wait until you're old enough to watch the fireworks!