Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mom & Tot Swim Class . . . what we learned . . .

1) Always give me a cue like, "Ready 1, 2, 3" before you put me under the water.
2) When I "jump" in from the side of the pool always have me go under so I learn that I will go under water when I jump in a pool.
3) Blow in my face before I go under water so I will hold my breath-when I am a toddler, have me hum, I can't hum and inhale at the same time.
4) Hold me to the side in the water so I get used to being in the water.
5) When I float on my back, start me with my head on your shoulder, move to my head on your chest, then place me out front with your hands under my shoulders.
6) When I float on my back have my ears all the way submerged or all the way out of the water-in between can be annoying.
7) Have me go under water from a horizontal position so the water won't go straight up my noise.
8) When I come up from going under the water don't look scared-instead, smile really big and praise me so I learn it is a good thing (Mommy had to work on this).

We really had a great time and plan to do it again in the fall.
If you're interested in joining us, let my Mommy know ;)
(I LOVED life jacket day-I just floated all around in a zone)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips Lucy!

Mary said...

Fun to find you in blog land! Lucy is too darn cute. I'm a sucker for her bam-bam tail. :)

Becky J. said...

That's really interesting stuff to know! I already knew some of those things, but I will totally be using a few of those I'd never before heard of. Sounds like you had a lot of fun doing this! That's awesome!