Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy 2 Years (almost) . . .

Our official anniversary is August 5th, but Saturday was when it worked for my sister to stay with Lucy so we celebrated a little early. Marc was good to humor me by taking a picture at Ottavio's since we didn't have one there and it is the location of our first date and where he proposed to me.
Then we snapped another shot at Meadow Elementary, where we first met:
And whenever you are on your way a to stay at a 5-Star hotel, it is a great idea to start by eating a J-Dawg.
This was our room at The Grand America and grand it was! Our room was 850 square feet (our first home was only 500 square feet). On the table waiting for us was a plate of chocolates, a fresh rose and a personalized note thanking us for sharing our anniversary with them.
We spent the afternoon at the spa. Marc spoiled me with a couples massage that was amazing. They bring you sparkling cider and chocolates while we each enjoyed an hour long massage. Probably our favorite thing was having the salt water pool all to ourselves for an hour! We felt like kids again doing races to see who could hold their breath the longest and I would lay really still to see how far Marc could shoot me across the pool.
The dinner was amazing! A buffet of seafood, salads, BBQ, southwestern style foods and desserts to die for. My favorite was the bread pudding and Marc loved the strawberry shortcake with lemon curd. Mmmmmmm . . . A jazz band played all during dinner and we sat out on the patio listening to them as the sun was setting. It was fun to enjoy dinner with Marc and not have to think about how to keep Lucy happy at the same time.
The fresh flowers throughput the hotel were wonderful. As soon as you walk in you can smell them. It is one persons full time job just to do the flowers at the hotel!
This was us playing around in the courtyard after our yummy dinner. I sure do love this guy. When we got back to our room, they had turned down our bed, set out a robe and slippers for us and placed mints on our pillow.
You fill out this card of what you want for breakfast and place it on your door then they bring it to your room in the morning. Marc got banana chocolate chip pancakes with coconut-yummy! I think this lifestyle fits him well ;)
And this is what was waiting for us when we got home. We were all VERY happy to be reunited.

Two years, what a difference!

6 comments:

Ani said...

Sounds like the perfect anniversary! How fun! Congratulations!

ls said...

John and I stayed at the Grand America for our first two nights before we left on our honeymoon. I'm glad we did it then when we had wedding gift money to spend before real life hit because I don't think we'll be able to justify it again for quite awhile.

As I was looking at those pictures I noticed two things: 1) you guys look so happy and in love, and 2) you are SO naturally beautiful. I love the picture of you without any makeup in your robe-- I don't think I've ever seen you au natural, and seriously, you have such a gorgeous face.

Heidi said...

Hooray for two years! You guys really are amazing. Here's to many more!

Unknown said...

What a perfect way to celebrate! LOVE IT!

benandkiki said...

How fun and romantic. Congratulations! It really is nice to occasionally spend some time alone together, but it's amazing how much you miss your kid when your away.

girlsmama said...

We did the Grand America Celebration with the opera for our fifth anniversary. I know you had a wonderful time! Congratulations! I wish you many more happy years!