Monday, December 17, 2012

Salt Lake City Adventures

We had our second annual over-niter in SLC at Christmas time and it was of course wonderful. We started the day at my parent's home. My Mom had cookies all ready for the kids to decorate while Marc and my Dad went shooting. Then we delivered the cookies and went caroling.

Marc and my Dad continued in their manly business and cut down tree branches with his chainsaw.

After Vivian's nap, we were off to the big city. Do you like how David travels in style?

We stayed at The City Creek Marriott and the location was golden. City Creek was magical to walk through with all of the lights and Christmas trees.

The kids loved looking at the lights and David loved the water.

More beautiful lights.

How we travel these days. And if Lucy had her way, she'd be carried too.

When were at City Creek a few weeks ago (just the two of us) I kept thinking about how much I wanted the kids to see everything. I love that when we got there, the thing that kept them most entertained was climbing on the rocks and looking at the fish.

Lucy exploring.

I love this picture Marc took. Can you see Lucy's reflection?

After seeing Santa, we went swimming at the hotel. I forgot what a highlight this is when you're little.

Sleeping arrangements. We were in an ajoining room.

The candy windows at Macey's were amazing.

David loved riding the train all around downtown.

Then we went to The Grand America where the kids got their own passports and had to fill in what they saw at each window that was decorated for various countries.

This was really cool. We walked around the first level of the hotel. The kids liked writing in their passports, they gave them stamps at the stores, there were beautiful Christmas trees all around and even an 8 foot tall gingerbread house!

Filling out their passports.

Me with my ladies

Me with my three "littles"

At the end, they give each kid a sugar cookie. Delicious!

I can't think of a better way to spend the season . . .

1 comment:

Christine said...

Man, I had no idea SLC was so much fun at Christmas. One of these days we'll need to come then. We usually avoid the snow (we've never lived anywhere that snowed much and aren't well equipped).