Friday, November 7, 2008

Lucy, how can you be one???

Lucy, just looking at this picture of you from the day you were born makes me tear up. What an incredible blessing you are! Life has been completely transformed since you entered our world and I wouldn't want it in any other way.
I cannot believe all that you can do in just one year. Some of my favorites are: You are starting to say so many words ("ba" for balloon, "bu-bu" for bubbles, "do" for dog are some of my favorites, but nothing can trump hearing you call me "Mom"). You love to play with and investigate everything around you. You can sit and flip through a book for such a long time (often reading a book will comfort you more than anything else can). You enjoy feeding yourself and sharing an apple with me. You are staring to cuddle with me more when you are tired. You really enjoy being outside and love hiking with us.
Lucy, my love for you is endless. You need to always remember a few very important things:
1) Your Mommy loves you unconditionally and will always be your biggest fan.
2) Your Daddy is an amazing man who always wants what is best for our family. Trust him, follow him, stay close to him always.
3) You have a loving Heavenly Father you can turn to always. He loves you, he loves our family and he loves everyone in the world and so should we.

I love you Lucy girl! Happy 1st Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

It goes too fast, doesn't it?

Cheryl said...

First birthdays are always so special and momentous, especially for us moms!

benandkiki said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!