Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mommy Had a Birthday!

Mommy had a great birthday thanks to some great people! She started off her day by going to the temple with Heidi while Daddy and I stayed home and played. Then we all met up for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe.
Daddy did such a good job getting me ready for the big day! I love how pretty he makes my hair look and that he doesn't make me change out of my nightgown and just puts a pair of jeans on me with a "matching" bow.
Before my Mommy and Daddy even met, Heidi and my Mommy have been treating each other to breakfast on their birthdays at Mimi's Cafe. Such a yummy tradition!
After breakfast, I got to play with Heidi while my Dad took my Mom to get a pedicure (he got one too) they came back with big smiles on their faces. We played altogether and then Daddy took Mommy out for Indian Food. Mmmmm. Then all kinds of friends joined us for cake and ice-cream. Such a special day for Mommy.
Daddy really outdid himself on his gift for Mommy this year. She had mentioned to him that she really liked Anne Curry's necklace. She thought it was so simple and delicate. Daddy searched on the internet only to find out it was one of a kind and you couldn't buy it. This did not stop him, he had the jeweler make her one. Mommy LOVES it!!!
And the icing on the cake for Mommy's big day was filling up for only $17.39-ya-hoooooo!

At the end of the day, Daddy told me and Mommy how grateful he was to have Mommy as his wife. He said that every bit of effort was worth it for her to have a wonderful day, and that seeing her happy makes him happy. Horray for birthdays!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a good day! Mimi's has yet to disappoint.

Kathryn said...

Happy birthday, Katie! Sounds *almost* as fun as the year we partied at the Rheinlander! :)

Christine said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Happy Birthday Katie!

Unknown said...

YEAH! Happy Birthday!

girlsmama said...

Happy Birthday friend! I love the necklace. It will be a treasure.And Mimi's is one of my favorites! Yummm. I'm glad your day was special!:)

JMadd said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry we couldn't make it to your party - we had family in town at the last minute. It looks like you had a fun day. I'm glad that the pedicure ladies weren't too tired to give Marc a pedicure this time ;)

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday! I love the necklace!!!

ls said...

I am in love with the "outfit" that daddy got Lucy all ready to go in. Classic.

Happy Birthday, Katie!