Sunday, November 16, 2008

Something I Miss . . .

Lucy is a wonderful sleeper, for which I am very grateful, but you know what . . . I miss my little late night moments with her. Waking up half awake stumbling (literally) to her room as she cried then having her instantly stop once she knew I was there. Holding my little baby, feeding and rocking her with my feet awkwardly resting on the end table until she fell asleep again. Sometimes it was a brief moment and she was ready for bed again. Sometimes I was with her much longer, helping her to regain some peace. And sometimes I fell asleep right along with her. These were sacred moments of just me and my daughter that I feel so blessed to have had. I treasure these memories.

2 comments:

ls said...

i am so with you here, katie. i adored those first few months of being awake in the middle of the night just with my baby.

lucky you, you are going to have another one to fill your nighttime cuddle cup up with soon. you are such a good mama.

mindy said...

I think it is so important to treasure even the "annoyances" that come with life with an infant. As the mom of a 6 1/2 year old, I can certainly attest to the fact that those months go so quickly, even when the days seem long.