Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Portable Car Seat?

We will be taking a trip to NYC over Christmas and will have a taxi ride from the airport to the place where we are staying (about 30 mins). The problem is that the taxis do not have car seats (you do not have to put your child in a car seat in a taxi). So instead of lugging Lucy's HUGE car seat for just that ride (and paying $25 more per bag thanks to the economy) , I am trying to buy a portable car seat on ebay, but I keep being outbid!!!

Which brings me to this post. I am hoping perhaps one of you have a portable car seat (the kind that fold up, weigh about 4 lbs and fit in your luggage) I could borrow. I would be more than happy to pay the shipping and handling fees. I would be so grateful if my little girl could have a car seat for this taxi ride. Please let me know.

http://www.travelswithbaby.com/images/car_seat_portable_eddie.jpg

5 comments:

Christine said...

Sorry, I don't have one. I didn't even know those existed. Totally cool idea!

JMadd said...

Obviously, I don't have one, but I can ask around. You're smart to want one. I'd be scared to not have Lucy in a car seat in a NYC taxi. Those guys are crazy!

ls said...

wish i could help-- i didn't even know those existed, but i am glad you enlightened me!

girlsmama said...

I have never ever even heard of this. I'm curious to know how it works out for you...

girlsmama said...

Another thought...would they still charge $25 if you gate check the car seat? That's what we always do with our seats. I like to see it get on the plane.